So now, we’re celebrating reaching two million happy users by celebrating you!
The PRESTO #TapHappy contest is now closed. Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to those who shared their Tap Happy moments. Thanks to all our two million PRESTO cardholders and counting.
There are more ways to Tap Happy!
Register your PRESTO card and learn more about Autoload, Autorenew and Self-Serve Reload Machines that help make paying for your ride even easier.
With Autoload, ensure you always have enough money on your card. You don’t have to worry about reloading manually, it’s done automatically, instantly and you’re always ready to ride.
Learn more about the benefits of Autoload and set it up online here.
Available with select Transit Agencies, Autorenew allows you to automatically load a monthly pass to your card, and take an unlimited number of trips while the pass is active.
Learn about the benefits of Autorenew and set it up online here.
Visit select stations to use the Self-Serve Reload Machines to instantly load funds onto your PRESTO card using credit or debit.
Learn more about the Self-Serve Reload Machines here.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: Entrants will have to tweet a positive message @PRESTOcard on how PRESTO makes them happy using the hashtag #TapHappy on Twitter, or by commenting on the Facebook contest posts on Facebook.com/PRESTOcard for a chance to win one of (40) prizes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins at 8:30 a.m. ET ON Tuesday, May 24, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, June 19, 2016 (“Contest Period”). To enter on Twitter, participants must first follow @PRESTOcard or @CartePRESTO on Twitter (if they do not already), and tweet @PRESTOcard or @CartePRESTO using the hashtag “#TapHappy” along with a tweet describing something they like or admire about PRESTO or having a PRESTO card. To enter on Facebook, participants must first “Like” the PRESTO card Facebook page or the Carte PRESTO Facebook page. They must then “Like” and “Comment” on the contest status with the #TapHappy describing something they like or admire about PRESTO or having a PRESTO card.
Limit: Participants can enter the contest an unlimited number of times during the Contest Period. Automated, programmed, scripted or robotic entries are prohibited.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter on Twitter, participants must:
To be eligible to enter on Facebook, participants must:
Eligibility of an entry will be determined by the Sponsor based on the criteria outlined above, in its sole and absolute discretion.
Employees and representatives of Metrolinx (the “Sponsor”), the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, suppliers of materials and services related to this Contest, and any member of the household (defined as those with whom they are domiciled whether related or not) of such employees or representatives are not eligible to enter or to win.
4. CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Content must not be defamatory (harmful to a person’s reputation), pornographic or obscene, and must not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups’ content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behavior or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor (e.g. any clothing worn and/or products appearing in your photo or video must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials) unless the appropriate consent have been obtained (note: all identifiable third party product, trade-marks, brands and/or logos for which consent has not been obtained by the entrant must be blurred out so as to be unrecognizable); the Sponsor recognizes no allowance for “fair use” of copyrighted material; conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate unsuitable or offensive, all determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
5. WINNER SELECTION PROCEDURE: A panel of judges (the “Contest Judges”) appointed by the Sponsor will judge each eligible Entry on the basis of the following equally weighted criteria (the “Criteria”):
Each eligible entry will be given a score (the “Score”) by the Contest Judges (as determined by the Contest Judges, in their sole and absolute discretion). Entries will then be ranked according to Score on a per-Category basis. Odds of being selected as an eligible winner of a Prize therefore depend on the number and caliber of eligible entries submitted during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules. Eligible entrants will be selected as eligible winners pursuant to the schedule outlined in Rule 6 based on total Score (as determined by the Contest Judges, in their sole and absolute discretion). In the event of an exact tie within a Category based on criteria 1, 2 and 3, a new panel of judges will be appointed by the Sponsor to break the tie in accordance with the procedure outlined above.
6. WINNERS: Twenty (20) winners will be selected two (2) weeks after the start of the Contest from all eligible entries received. Ten (10) winners will be selected three (3) weeks after the start of the Contest from all eligible entries received. Ten (10) winners will be selected four (4) weeks after the start of the Contest from all eligible entries received. All winner selection is subject to the limit of one prize per household.
Selected entrants will be notified via a direct message on Twitter or Facebook and directed to respond within twenty-four (24) hours of the winner being selected. In order to be declared a winner, each selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time by telephone. The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. If a selected entrant does not respond to the direct message within twenty-four (24) hours, fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, or does not return the Release described in Rule 8 below by the specified deadline, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. PRIZES: There are forty (40) prizes available to be won. Each prize is $150 loaded onto your PRESTO card. If the winner does not have a PRESTO card, the winner will be awarded a PRESTO card with $150 pre-loaded (prize value $156). Prizes will only be delivered to verified winners. Limit: one prize per household.
8. RELEASES: Before being declared a winner and awarded the Prize, selected entrants will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, prior to the deadline to be provided by Sponsor, a Declaration of Compliance with Official Contest Rules and Release of Liability, releasing Sponsor, the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, and suppliers of materials and services related to this Contest, and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any liability in association with this Contest or the prize.
11. PRIVACY: Pursuant to Section 39(2) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, you are hereby notified that by entering this Contest, personal information relating to you is being collected for the purpose of participating in promotional activities. Questions about this collection should be addressed to Freedom of Information Coordinator at 97 Front Street West, 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 1E6, 416.869.3600 or 1.888.438.6646. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to use by Sponsor of his/her name, address (city/province), likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to any Internet-based medium, at any time and in perpetuity, without additional compensation or notice. Metrolinx’ handling of all personal information is governed by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the release provided in Rule 8 above, by entering this Contest entrants agree that Releasees will not be responsible or liable for: (a) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, or undeliverable e-mail or other communications; (b) for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption; (c) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials; (d) any injuries, damages, or losses to any person or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest (including, without limitation, damage to any computer system resulting from accessing or downloading information related to this Contest) or any Contest-related activity or from the acceptance, possession, participation in, use or misuse of a prize; or (e) electronic communications that are undeliverable and/or redirected from an individual’s email in-box as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, including but not limited to spam filtering, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
13. COPYRIGHT: By submitting your tweet, post, photo or video for the Contest to the Sponsor, you certify that you own the copyright to all content in your photo or other works submitted (i.e. the photo is original and that you have not used any other works that are already protected by third-party copyright without express permission to do so from all rights holders). You further certify that, for anybody appearing in the photo or video that is not yourself (e.g. a friend, brother, sister, or even a complete stranger), you have obtained their express permission and/or they have signed a release form giving you permission to be in the photo or video and you have explained to them that you are submitting the photo or video for the Contest to the Sponsor. By submitting content to the Sponsor for the Contest, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of the content expressly grants) the Sponsor a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable and EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND LICENCE to use, copy, transmit, communicate, and/or publicly display and/or broadcast the content in your tweet, post, photo or video on any Sponsor website or other Sponsor internet presence, and any other medium such as, but not limited to, television and radio. In addition, you warrant that all “moral rights” in such materials have been waived. You also agree that the Sponsor may edit the content as it deems appropriate. The Sponsor is relying on your above certification that you own the copyright to all contents to your photo and/or that you have the express permission, licences, or releases from all copyright holders to use their works as part of your photo or video and from everyone appearing in your photo or video.
14. GENERAL: Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, worm, trojan horse, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. Paragraph headings are for convenient reference only and are not to affect the interpretation of these Official Rules. No correspondence will be entered into except with potential winners or as otherwise in compliance with Rule 11 above. If any provision of these Official Rules is declared invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable. In any event, the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision shall not affect any other provision of these Official Rules.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the social media account submitted. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a social media account by a social media account provider, online service provider or other organization or person that is responsible for assignment of social media accounts for the domain associated with the social media account. A selected entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that s/he is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.